KING DAVID WOOD FLOORS provides top quality hardwood flooring services in Long Island, from the best flooring manufacturers in the world. Our wood floors include a vast range of colors, wood species, surfaces, and thicknesses. When choosing KING DAVID WOOD FLOORS, you get the perfect wood floor in Brooklyn for your house, that fits your budget!
KING DAVID WOOD FLOORS offers you:
- The widest range of hardwood flooring brands in Long Island, including Armstrong, Mannington, Mohawk, Shaw, Tarkett, Bellawood, Casa De Colour, Clover Lea Plantation Pine Flooring And Millwork, Clearance, Aspen Hill, Bruce, Contractors’ Choice, Kahrs, North American Hardwood, Saso, Westhollow and much more
- A vast range of flooring types: Solid wood, Engineered wood, Laminate, Vinyl, Linoleum, and Ceramic Tile
- Different floor installation techniques: Nail / Staple-down installation, Floating installation and Glue-down installation
- The best prices for buying and installing hardwood floors in Long Island
Hardwood Flooring – An investment for a lifetime
Hardwood floors are the natural choice for those in search of a flooring solution in Long Island, that is sustainable, eco-friendly and classically beautiful. Hardwood floors have a handful of advantages compared to other flooring solutions:
- Hardwood floors are a healthier alternative to carpeting since they do not trap or harbor dust or dust mites like most floor coverings. This results in better air quality, an important feature for families with babies and small children and allergy sufferers.
- Sustainability. Another famous quality of wood floors is that they last a lifetime and become more prestigious with age. In fact, wood is one of the most desirable flooring types and is a great way to increase the resale value of your home. This makes hardwood flooring an investment for a lifetime!
- It’s all natural. Along with its naturally exotic beauty, hardwood flooring is also eco-friendly
- Hardwood floors are easy to maintain. Sweeping, vacuuming, and occasionally cleaning with a damp mop will keep your wood floors slick and shiny
- Hardwood flooring can be used inside and outside your Long Island home
Are hardwood floors pet-friendly?
Yes, although pet owners are advised to keep pets’ nails trimmed to avoid scratching the floor and to immediately clean any messes and use mats under food and water dishes to keep spills to a minimum. Since wood floors are hard, it’s best to place a soft padding on the floor for your dog or cat to sleep on.
What is the difference between solid wood and engineered wood?
Solid hardwood is milled from a single piece of wood. It can be repeatedly sanded, which makes it last for decades. Since it’s a natural material, solid hardwood is exposed to the effects of temperature and humidity changes, and cannot be installed in damp spaces or below grade. Engineered hardwood is created by joining together layers of hardwood, in a cross-grain construction. These bonded layers give greater stability. Engineered wood can withstand higher levels of humidity, which makes it suitable for baths and basements.